Easy Recipes For Apartment Hotel Stays
Something you don't need to worry about when you book at Alex Perry Hotel & Apartments is that all our rooms have full kitchens. So whether you book a Studio or a Two-Bedroom apartment, you can cook up a storm during your stay. It is nice to have the choice when you don't want to eat out. To help inspire your inner chef, we have some quick and easy recipes from the brilliant minds behind 4 Ingredients that won't disappoint and are full of flavour.
Thai Baked Salmon
- 2 150g salmon fillets skin on or off
- 3 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 0.5 tablespoon ginger peeled and finely grated
- 1 spring onions sliced
Preheat oven 180ºC.
Line a baking tray with baking paper.
Place each fillet onto the tray and brush with sweet chilli sauce.
Sprinkle with ginger, brushing into the sauce.
Turn and coat the underside, flip back. Season with cracked pepper.
Bake for 10 minutes, remove and brush with more marinade. Bake 10 minutes.
Caramelised Onion Sausages
You will need to book the hotel BBQ for this one :)
- 4 thick sausages
- 1 brown onion sliced
- 0.75 tablespoons of olive oil
- 0.25 tablespoon of wholegrain mustard
Heat BBQ plate and brush with oil.
Cook sausages 6 to 8 minutes, cook until brown and starting to caramelize, add a little more oil if needed.
Rest for 2 minutes, then score the sausages lengthways with a sharp knife, fill each with the yummy caramelized onion and spread with a dollop of mustard.
Royal Potato Salad
- 0.3kg chat potatoes halved, rinsed
- 0.15 cup sour cream
- 0.6 tablespoons sweet chilli sauce
- 0.4 spring onions chopped
- In a large saucepan of salted water, boil potatoes for roughly 10 minutes or until just cooked.
- Drain and refrigerate for 1 hour, or in the freezer for 10 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooled, place in a serving bowl and scatter over three-quarters of the spring onions.
- In a separate bowl, combine the sour cream and sweet chilli sauce.
- Pour over the potato and gently toss to coat.
- Serve garnished with remaining spring onions.
Feta & Beetroot Salad
- 60 grams mixed salad greens
- 50 grams crumbled feta
- 0.5 cup diced beetroot
- 1 tablespoons (40ml) caramelised balsamic vinegar
In a large serving bowl, place the salad greens.
Sprinkle with feta and beetroot and season with cracked pepper.
Drizzle with caramelised balsamic vinegar to serve.
To purchase your ingredients and any other items required for the dishes there are a few options in the local area.
- Woolworths - located at the Newstead Gasworks
- The Standard - Located at the Newstead Gasworks
- Aldi - located at the Homemaker centre
- Coles - Located in New Farm
View All Posts