'Live Like A Local' With Australasian Dance Collective
We thought there would be no one better to provide some tips on how to 'Live Like A Local' than Australasian Dance Collective (ADC) company artists Marlo and Lonii. Not only is ADC a proud Queensland company based in Fortitude Valley, but Marlo and Lonii live in the Valley too.
We asked the talented duo to provide their recommendations to ensure visitors to the area get the chance to 'Live Like A Local'.
Company artist, Marlo
- Favourite café – King Arthur cafe. The coffee is great and if you get there before they sell out, the salads are unreal!
- Favourite ‘hidden gem’ – The valley pool. Such a good vibe and perfect for sunny Brisbane weather.
- Number one must do for a visitor to Fortitude Valley – Walking up James Street. I like starting at the coffee shop Bellissimo, and then making my way down the street looking at all of the beautiful shops. Make sure to stop in at Aesop for some good smells!
- Favourite cuisine + restaurant – Asian! Happy boy is super-delicious and the salt and pepper tofu is a must! The restaurant has a cool industrial feel and is accompanied by a good selection of beers, wines and spirits.
- Favourite brunch spot – Industry beans are one of my favourite brunch spots. Unreal coffee and an onsite coffee bean roastery, which makes for excellent viewing and smelling!
Company Artist, Lonii
- Favourite Bar – Netherworld!
- Favourite ‘hidden gem’ – Winston Quinn Gin
- Number one must do for a visitor to Fortitude Valley – Views of the Story bridge along Bowen Terrace are heavenly!
- Favourite venue – Would have to be The Zoo. They have a long history of supporting lots of independent and local music.
- Favourite brunch spot – Nodo! Quality food, good coffee, and delicious looking donuts.
Want to 'Live Like A Local' and experience Fortitude Valley? BOOK yourself on our EXCLUSIVE PACKAGE and enjoy your second night FREE.
Image Credit - @jadeellisphotography
View All Posts